Starting Your Buying Search
Thalia Tringo & Associates help buyers by making home buying decisions easy and fun. Let us help you find the perfect home with our customized solutions where we:
- Set up a daily email feed of new listings via Multiple Listing Service (MLS) tailored to meet client’s requirements, e.g., number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, parking, location, and budget.
- Accompany client to view properties as needed – attend open houses or make appointments for private viewings.
- Discuss information in public documents, such as:
City Assessor’s Database
Declaration of Trust
Property files at city’s Building Department
- Create Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to determine appropriate offer price.
- Obtain financial information from Listing Agent and other pertinent information relevant to the history of the property for sale.
- Discuss an offer strategy and options in order to increase the offer strength in a competitive market.
- Write and send offer to Listing Agent.
- Act as liaison with Listing Agent, especially during multiple bid situations.
Upon Acceptance of Buyer’s Offer
- Provide a summary of dates/deadlines.
- Deliver the deposit check to the Listing Agent.
- Inspection – if you have inspection contingencies (home, pest, radon) as part of your offer:
- Provide names of home inspectors.
- Accompany you at the inspection.
- Review the inspection report and create a punch list (if necessary) to present to the Seller.
- If necessary, negotiate with the Listing Agent for any financial remediation or repairs needed prior to the signing of the Purchase & Sale (P&S) agreement or the closing of the property.
- Help you identify an appropriate attorney based on what mortgage lender you will be using, location, specialty, etc.
- Work with the attorney you choose – provide the offer information, condo docs, negotiation details (e.g. from the inspection), and review the P&S.
- Distribute the P&S for signatures and send the signed version to all parties involved: listing agent, attorneys, mortgage lender, appraiser, etc.
- Deliver the 2nd deposit check to the Listing Agent.
- If purchasing a condominium, send the mortgage lender’s condo questionnaire to the Listing Agent to complete in a timely manner.
- Act as liaison for you to all parties involved.
- Follow-up with you and the Listing Agent regarding upcoming deadlines/items necessary for the closing.
- Schedule a final walk through and ensure that all punch list items are completed.
- Remind you to change utilities and tax records to your name.
- Put you in touch with the appropriate building management personnel and/or other condo owners, if purchasing a condominium.
- Attend the closing with you.
Once the Buyer Closes
- Refer professional resources as needed, such as:
- Mortgage lenders
- Donate to a local charity in your honor.